HomeGovernmentClerkPassport Information

Passport Information

Passport Information

Requirement for obtaining a passport may be viewed at http://travel.state.gov.

Applicants for a passport should come to the Duchesne County Administration building at 734 North Center Street, Duchesne UT 84021.

Hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30 am- 5:00 pm, excluding Federal holidays.

Photos can be taken for passports at the Duchesne County Clerks Office.

*Information needed for both the Passport Book and Passport Card.

  • Ceritfied birth certificate or old passport
  • 2X2 Photo
  • Drivers License
  • Children 16 and under need 2 parents signatures and ID

Passports take approximately 4-6 weeks. An expedited passport will take approximately 2-3 weeks. The valididty of both the Passport Book and Passport Card is 10 years for adults and 5 years for children.

Passport Fees

Effective July 13, 2010

PASSPORT BOOK for First Time Applicants and Minors

Passport Book may be used for all international travel by air, land and sea to and from the U.S.

Routine Service

Passport Fee

Must be paid by check or money order made payable to "U.S. Department of State"

Execution Fee

Must be paid by cash, check, money order, or Credit Card to the County Clerk's office


Age 16 and Over

Valid for 10 years




Under Age 16

Valid for 5 years






for First Time Applicants and Minors

Passport Card may only be used if travel by land and sea from the U.S. to Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean and Bermuda.

Routine Service

Passport Fee

Must be paid by check or money order made payable to "U.S. Department of State"

Execution Fee

Must be paid by cash, check, money order, or Credit Card to the County Clerk's office


Age 16 and Over

Valid for 10 years




Under Age 16

Valid for 5 years





Other Service Fees

Additional Visa Pages


File Search Fee


Expedite Processing



Expedited Service - Passport Books Only

Expedited Service is an additional $60 per application + two-way overnight delivery, which is highly recommended.  One-way, overnight return delivery and expedited service is an additional $74.85 per application to the U.S. Department of State.

Overnight delivery is not available on passport cards.

The passport fees for adults eligible to apply by mail using form DS-82, "Application for a U.S. Passport by Mail", are $110 for the passport book and $30 for the passport card.


Application Requirements

Online Application:



  • Original raised-seal birth certificate or certified copy of birth certificate (This will be mailed in with your application and then returned to you)
  • Two 2x2 inch square color photograph on a white or light colored background.  No hats.  Photos may be taken with digital camera and printed on photo quality paper; however, photos must conform to the specifications and quality required by the State Department.  You may download a guide here.  Duchesne County offers the service of photos for $10.00.
  • Proof of citizenship, such as a driver's License or Military identification.
  • Previous U.S. passport, if applicable.
  • Parent's full names (Mother's Maiden name, dates and places of birth.


  • One parent must appear and sign for a minor and present current identification when the minor is under 18 years of age.
  • If the Minor is under 16 years of age, both parents must appear together and sign, or

-One parent appears, signs, and submits second parent's notarized statement of consent authorizing passport issuance for the child (a notarized Form DS-3053, Statement of Consent:  Issuance of a Passport to a Minor Under Age 16, or a notarized written statement with the same information on a sheet of paper from the non-appearing parent) or;

-One parent appears, signs, and submits primary evidence of sole authority to apply (such as one of the following):

-Child's certified U.S. or foreign birth certificate (with translation, if necessary) listing only applying parent; or

-Consular Report of Birth Abroad (Form FS-240) or Certification of Birth Abroad (Form DS-1350) listing only applying parent; or

-Court order granting sole custody to the applying parent (unless child's travel is restricted by that order); or

-Adoption decree (if applying parent is sole adopting parent); or

-Court order specifically permitting applying parent's or guardian's travel with the child; or

-Judicial declaration of incompetence of non-appearing parent; or

-Death certificate of non-appearing parent.


Passport Submission

Application by mail:

Download Application Here.

If you have a passport that has not expired; if you were at least 16 years of age or older at the time of issuance; if your name is the same or you can submit name change documentation; if you can submit the passport and it is undamaged, you may obtain a form and submit your own application.

Application at Passport Agency

If leaving, or needing a passport for a foreign visa, within two weeks, the applicant needs to make an appointment to apply at a Regional Passport Agency. He/she should call the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778. Automated lines to make appointments are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The best time to call is between 8:30 pm and 7:00 am, Eastern Time.

Processing time

 Allow approximately 4 to 6 weeks for routine processing of passports and 3 to 4 weeks for expedited processing.  The fee to expedite a passport is an additional $60.00 plus Passport Services strongly suggests using two-way overnight delivery.

Status of Application

You may check the status of your application online by following this link:  http://travel.state.gov.

Currently, it is taking up to seven days for Expedited Applications and up to three weeks for routine Applications to be tracked online. Please allow that much time before contacting us to check on an application.

Questions About the Application

Applicants are advised to use the email form on the http://travel.state.gov website.  Response currently takes 2-4 days.

Tips for Travelers

  • Familiarize yourself with local laws and customs
  • When in a foreign country, you are subject to the laws of that country
  • Make two photo copies of your passport identification page.  Leave one at home and carry the other in your luggage.
  • Leave a copy of your itinerary with family or friends at home.
  • If you get in serious trouble or if your passport is lost/stolen, call the nearest US embassy or Consulate.  Use this form to report a lost or stolen passport.

Visit the U. S. Department of State and it's Bureau of Consular affairs, which includes passport services, at it's Internet site: http://travel.state.gov for passport and other travel information.


Events Calendar

April 2015
29 30 31 1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 1 2

County Seat

CountySeatLogoThe County Seat is a public affairs program that focuses on the issues that affect county government. Ever wonder how County governement works?  Check out the program and learn what is County Government.  Watch Now! Or you can come and see Duchesne County's commericial that is featured on the show!

Bottom Promotion The CodeRED system provides county officials the ability to quickly deliver messages to targeted areas or the entire county.

Register with CodeRED today!

Duchesne County

734 North Center Street
PO Box 910
Duchesne UT 84021



Make a payment for Duchesne County by clicking here!